- Job Type:
- Permanent Full
Why Motorpoint is one of the Best Companies to work for…
We wouldn’t be the nation’s biggest car supermarket, and opening at least one new site every year, without every one of our fantastic team members.
It is our culture and our values that set us apart from our competition and these are represented in every interaction we have, and we know that it is our people that make our success possible.
As our way of saying thank you for all the hard work and dedication, we invest everything we can into our people to ensure every team member is proud and committed to being part of ‘Team Motorpoint’.
We prioritise developing our people, and are extremely passionate about supporting their personal and professional development. We want to give them every opportunity to be the best that they can be. As a result we always look to promote from within, and provide industry leading training for every team member, to empower them to reach their full potential, in an environment that is both supportive and challenging.
We are proud, determined and passionate about what we do, and as a result we are placed in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for.
Sounds too good to be true?! Why not visit one of our sites and speak to any of our team members, it is their views and suggestions that fuel and challenge us to be an employer of choice.
Based in Peterborough
Motorpoint, the UK’s leading car supermarket, is currently inviting applications for a Yard Hand to join our Peterborough team!
Working in the yard department, the purpose of this role is to support the business by providing a hands on operational service managing cars as they arrive onsite.
Working closely with colleagues, suppliers and customers, you will manage day to day paperwork facilitating the collection of vehicles in a timely and efficient manner.
If you have a keen eye for detail and enjoy following a process through to completion and have a love of all things motor vehicle related, Motorpoint might have the ideal job for you!
It's our people that make this success possible; our culture and our values are represented in every interaction we have and that sets us apart from our competition. If you have the drive and determination then we have the career for you!
- Checking vehicles for damage
- Checking all vehicle specification and service history
- Completing inspection paperwork for vehicle loading
- Parking cars in a space saving format
- Any other duties required to assist the Manager as and when required
- Full, clean driving licence and able to drive/park
- Experience in working in a similar environment involving quality control, logistics and/or stock control
- Well organised, with a logical and thorough approach to workload
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to achieve high quality results in a timely manner
- Good observational skills, with the ability to spot errors and items that do not meet quality standards
- Able to remain calm and clear thinking when under time and deadline pressures
- Friendly, approachable and enthusiastic personality
- A great team-player whose communication style encourages and motivates others
- Clear communicator, able to understand instruction with precision and check understanding, excellent listener
- Type of vacancy: Permanent Full
- Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Sunday
- Department: Yard
- Closing Date: 24/01/2017