- Job Type:
- Permanent Full
Why Motorpoint is one of the Best Companies to work for…
We wouldn’t be the nation’s biggest car supermarket, and opening at least one new site every year, without every one of our fantastic team members.
It is our culture and our values that set us apart from our competition and these are represented in every interaction we have, and we know that it is our people that make our success possible.
As our way of saying thank you for all the hard work and dedication, we invest everything we can into our people to ensure every team member is proud and committed to being part of ‘Team Motorpoint’.
We prioritise developing our people, and are extremely passionate about supporting their personal and professional development. We want to give them every opportunity to be the best that they can be. As a result we always look to promote from within, and provide industry leading training for every team member, to empower them to reach their full potential, in an environment that is both supportive and challenging.
We are proud, determined and passionate about what we do, and as a result we are placed in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for.
Sounds too good to be true?! Why not visit one of our sites and speak to any of our team members, it is their views and suggestions that fuel and challenge us to be an employer of choice.
Based in Chingford
We are currently recruiting for this new position at our Chingford site!
Working alongside the yard department, the purpose of this role is to support the business by providing a hands on, operational service to the site.
Assessing the condition of vehicles as they arrive on site, our Quality Controllers are responsible for ensuring only vehicles which meet the Motorpoint Standard make it on to the sales pitch for our customers to purchase.
We believe that it is our people that make us successful. Our culture and values are represented in every interaction we have and it is that which sets us apart from our competition.
If you have a passion for cars, love managing a detailed and service led process and enjoy working as part of a fast paced and energetic team you may have found your ideal job!
- Full, clean driving license and able to drive/park.
- Experience in working in a similar environment involving quality control, logistics and/or stock control.
- Well organised, with a logical and thorough approach to workload.
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to achieve high quality results in a timely
- Good observation skills, with the ability to spot errors and items that do not meet quality standards.
- Able to remain calm and clear thinking when under time and deadline pressures.
- Friendly, approachable and enthusiastic personality.
- A great team-player whose communication style encourages and motivates others.
- Clear communicator, able to understand instruction with precision and check understanding, excellent listener.
- Checking vehicles for damage
- Checking all vehicle specification and service history
- Completing inspection paperwork for vehicle loading
- Parking cars in space saving format
- Transporting vehicles to and from dealerships and bodyshops
- Basic parts fitting and maintenance
- Maintaining vehicle admin systems
- Maintaining the pitch and site
- Any other duties required to assist the Manager when required.
- Type of vacancy: Permanent Full
- Hours: 42.5 hours per week, 5 out of 7 days per week including weekends
- Department: Yard
- Closing Date: 28/02/2017