What is the induction process?
Upon successful completion of the interview process, applicants will be invited to attend a 3 day training and induction course based at our Head Office site in Derby. For those travelling from other sites this will involve staying over in Derby, but Motorpoint will provide transport and accommodation and of course all food and refreshments throughout your stay!
Our Sales team members will stay on for an extra 7 days and complete a full sales training course. This is aimed at giving the delegate all the skills and knowledge needed to hit the ground running when they arrive at site. The course is detailed and robust, but maintains an interactive element and caters for all levels of experience.
We pride our self on our industry leading training and development and are proud to say that every person who completes the course, whether they have had sales experience in the past or not, comes away from the course ready and raring to go.
What is the interview process?
Motorpoint take a refreshingly unique approach to the interview and recruitment process. We put the emphasis on the applicants personality and their values rather then their career history. This way we get a true feel for the person, what makes them tick and how they can add value to our business. Therefore the interview is geared towards personality profiling and core value match; questions will focus on situational examples of when applicants have displayed certain key characteristics that are important to our business. These include delivering happiness, going above and beyond and being creative.
Interviews follow a 4 stage process;
- First of all applicants fill in our online application form. This gives the applicant the opportunity to show us what makes them unique; we love creativity at Motorpoint, its what sets us apart from the competition. We look for applications that demonstrate the candidates match to our values, while also showing us their personality and unique qualities. We ask 5 questions that are specific to the role you are applying for and also ask for a covering letter and CV.
- Stage 2 is the phone interview. This lasts around 20-30 minutes and involves the applicant thinking on their feet while being honest and open about their feelings towards our core values.
- Stage 3 is the first face to face interview. This is held at site with the line manager for that role and is focused on the applicants match to Motorpoints core values, while also talking through key competencies and career history.
- Stage 3a (for sales executives/advisors and customer service roles) is an assessment centre; typically this is held off site and involves a range of tasks and activities designed to help the applicant show the kind of skills and behaviours that we are looking for in a successful Sales Executive or Customer Service Assistant at Motorpoint.
- The fourth stage which applies only to those applicants who have attended assessment centres, is a 2nd face to face interview. At this stage we cover a more competency based frame work with a greater bias towards the applicants ability to do the role. Once completed the applicant is given a tour of the site and shown the working environment, with a chance to meet some of their potential colleagues.
- Finally, there is a Q&A section where the applicant gets the chance to ask any questions not already covered. This concludes the interview process; the Recruitment Manager will get back to every applicant successful or not, giving full and concise feedback where needed and making the job offers to those lucky ones selected.
How do I apply?
Motorpoint are very proud of their recruitment process and it all starts with the application. We are not just looking for CV's. In fact applicants who only send a CV will be disregarded. Instead we are looking for candidates to write creative and passionate covering letters telling us about them selves, why they are right for the job, why they are the ideal applicant and why they would like to work for Motorpoint? Our "apply now" tab on the vacancy listing will take you straight through to a page designed specifically to aid applicants with sending applications. We also have a specific email address for applicants: email@example.com where all queries or correspondence can be sent to.
Our application process is bespoke to the role you are applying for; each role has its own set of 5 questions designed to give the applicant the opportunity to "wow" us. We want applicants to really grasp our values and give examples of times when they have demonstrated these in or out of work!
Our goal is to recruit like minded individuals who will always strive to go the extra mile. We know its not just the price of our cars that keeps customers coming back, its our people and our values; they create our culture and this is what makes Motorpoint special.