Delivering Happiness to Our Customers Since 1998
This is what makes Motorpoint special
"Motorpoint have the car buying experience down to a fine art. Our new car was ready for collection when agreed and prepared to a high standard. This is our third car from Motorpoint and will be happily to recommend them to friends and family." Steve and Val Krautlein
The Story So Far
HISTORY OF MOTORPOINT
- April 1998- The UK’s leading car supermarket opens for business in Derby
- September 1998- Motorpoint spearhead’s the BBC’s ‘Rip Off Britain’ campaign
- January 1999 - Motorpoint launches Boomerang, its ground breaking Personal Contract Purchase (PCP) plan
- April 2000 - Motorpoint opens its national call centre
- November 2001 - Motorpoint Burnley opens
- April 2003 - Motorpoint Glasgow opens
- August 2005 - Motorpoint Newport opens
- June 2006 - Motorpoint becomes the first car supermarket to sell to every postal area in England
- December 2006 - Motorpoint Peterborough opens
- May 2007 - Motorpoint becomes first car supermarket to sell to every postal area in Scotland
- April 2008 - Motorpoint celebrates its 10th anniversary
- April 2010 - Motorpoint becomes first major car supermarket to gain Specialist Automotive Finance (SAF) approval
- February 2011 - Motorpoint earns Highly Approved Trader (HAT) status from consumer champion Honest John
- March 2011 - Motorpoint opens state-of-the-art training facility in Derby
- June 2012 - Motorpoint launches National Apprenticeship Scheme
- September 2012 - Motorpoint Chingford opens
- July 2013 - Motorpoint named Car Supermarket of the Year by Motor Trader magazine
- August 2013 - Motorpoint Birmingham opens
- October 2013 - Motorpoint achieves its highest ever ranking, 58, in the Sunday Times Grant Thornton Top Track 250
- November 2013 - Motorpoint is named the UK’s number one independent car retailer by Motor Trader magazine
- April 2014 - Film star Warwick Davis officially opens the newly refurbished Motorpoint site in Peterborough
- July 2014 - Motorpoint named the Ultimate Digital Car Supermarket by Auto Trader
- September 2014 - Motorpoint achieves highest ever ranking, 36, in Sunday Times Grant Thornton Top Track 250
- October 2014 - Motorpoint helps power Guinness World Record in Derby
- November 2014 - Motorpoint takes the naming rights for the new Motorpoint Stand at Peterborough United Football Club
- December 2014 - Motorpoint opens its eighth site in Widnes
- February 2015 - Motorpoint named one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in the UK
- October 2015 - Motorpoint features in the Top 10 of the Sunday Times Grant Thornton Top Track 250
- November 2015 - Motorpoint Birtley opens
- April 2016 - Motorpoint Castleford opens
- May 2016 - Motorpoint is listed on the London Stock Exchange
- July 2016 - Motorpoint opens eleventh site in Oldbury
- August 2016 - Motorpoint becomes main sponsor of Motherwell Football Club
Motorpoint has a range of sponsorships in place. These include everything from the naming rights for some of the UK’s most popular entertainment venues through to household names in the world of cricket, football and rugby.
Whatever their field, they all share a common goal — a desire to be the best at what they do, something we also strive to achieve every day at Motorpoint.
Motorpoint is the official 'Car Partner' at Edgbaston, home of cricket in the West Midlands. As part of the agreement Motorpoint has also taken the naming rights for the popular West Stand, which has been rebranded the Motorpoint Stand.
Motorpoint is the principal sponsor for the Scottish Premier League side. It also provides the popular community club with several vehicles for use both by staff, players and outreach programmes.
Motorpoint Arena Cardiff
Motorpoint has the naming rights for the 10,000-capacity Motorpoint Arena Cardiff. Managed by leading live entertainment company Live Nation, the Motorpoint Arena Cardiff has played host to household names such as Blink 182, Katy Perry, JLS, Lionel Ritchie and One Direction in recent years.
Motorpoint Arena Nottingham
Motorpoint has the naming rights for the 10,000-capacity Motorpoint Arena Nottingham. Opened in 2000, the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham is a multi-use indoor arena and has hosted over 1,000 concerts to date from artists including Elton John, Green Day, Iron Maiden, Rod Stewart and Usher.
Motorpoint is the back of shirt sponsor for the Widnes Viking’s home and away playing kits in the First Utility Super League.